A lot happened in the college hockey world over the weekend. One team (Notre Dame) clinched a regular season title, two (Air Force and RIT) shared one and another (North Dakota) moved within a point of clinching one.
Going into the last weekend of play we’ll take a look at the games facing the teams in our rankings, and where we think they’ll finish off the season.
1. Boston University (25-5-4) (16-5-4) No Change
BU has a home and home with Providence this weekend. BU has a great shot at the Hockey East regular season title, but needs help from their rivals Boston College to get it done.
2. Notre Dame (27-5-3) (21-4-3) No Change
The CCHA champs are off this week and have a playoff series to look forward to before heading to the Joe (hopefully).
3. Northeastern (22-8-4) (17-5-3) No Change
The Huskies can lock up the Hockey East regular season title this weekend.
4. Michigan (26-10-0) (20-8-0)
The Wolverines are off this week before hosting their 2nd round playoff series
5. Vermont (19-8-5) (14-7-4) Up 2
The Catamounts welcome New Hampshire in a battle that will decide who takes third in the Hockey East regular season. We see UVM taking 3 points.
6. North Dakota (21-11-4) (16-6-4) No Change
The Sioux are one point away from wrapping up the WCHA crown. It’s a tough trip to Wisconsin, but we think they have it in them.
7. Denver (20-10-4) (16-8-3) Down 2
The Pioneers finish up with one game at Colorado College. They need a win and a Wisconsin sweep for the WCHA title.
8. Miami (19-10-5) (17-7-4) No Change
Miami is off this weekend.
9. Yale (20-7-2) (15-5-2) Up 1
The Bulldogs are off this weekend.
10. Cornell (18-7-4) (13-6-3) Up 1
The Big Red are off this weekend.
11. UNH (18-9-5) (14-7-4) Up 1
It’s off to Burlington for the Wildcats in a battle for 3rd in Hockey East
12. Princeton (20-9-0) (14-8-0) Down 3
The Tigers are off this weekend
13. Ohio State (20-12-4) (13-11-4) Up 2
The Buckeyes face last place Bowling Green in the first round of the CCHA playoffs. A win sends them to Fairbanks.
14. St. Lawrence (19-11-4) (11-7-4) Up 2
The Saints are off this week
15. Minnesota (14-11-7) (11-10-5) ——-
The Gophs head to Michigan Tech, where two wins could help them get as high as 3rd in the WCHA.
16. Minnesota -Duluth (16-10-8) (10-9-7) Down 2
The Bulldogs host Alaska-Anchorage. Two wins could have them in position for a 3rd place finish as well.
Dropped Out: Wisconsin
Maybe Next Week: Colorado College, Boston College
Teams By Conference: WCHA 4, CCHA 4, Hockey East 4, ECAC Hockey 4